- Series: The Message 2020
- Scripture: 2 Corinthians 1:8-11
Dear Brothers & Sisters,
Today we ask a profound question. We do not ask, why do bad things happen to good people, because there are no good people, only sinners. Rather, we ask why do bad things happen to God’s People?
God is our heavenly Father, and Hebrews tells us He disciplines a son He loves. So we know what we deserve and we can never say we don’t deserve the trials we face in life. Yet we’re still left with the question: Why would our Loving and merciful Father allow bad things to happen to us? In todays text we find some helpful and edifying answers.
Why do bad things happen to God’s People?
1. Reassurance of the love of our brethren
2. Helps in finding God’s comfort
3. Comfort others
4. Makes us not rely on ourselves
5. Shares in Christs Sufferings
6. Teaches us God always delivers
7. Test of our faith; reveals faith.
comfort you today in the knowledge that in all of our suffering He is doing good until one day, there will be no more sorrow and no more tears!
Other Scripture Referenced:
2 Corinthians 1:15-17
2 Corinthians 4:17