- Series: The Message 2019
- Scripture: 1 Corinthians 6:12-20
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
In the previous section, Paul challenges a backslidden church in Corinth. They tolerated sexual sin, drunkenness and public lawsuits of brother against brother in the pagan courts, all shaming the name of Christ.
Today Paul reminds them of their body’s destiney: reigning & ruling with the King of Kings, Jesus Christ in The Kingdom of Heaven. Christ does not return for an adulterous bride, but a pure and spotless bride!
The Resurrected Life Forbids Adultery …Because it:
- Profanes our union with Christ
- Harms us body, mind & soul
- Prevents the glory of God
We repent daily & turn to Christ to live the resurrected life because:
- Christ forgives our sin of doing what is forbidden
- Christ cleanses our bodies of profanity, making us the temple of Holy Spirit
- Christ heals our deepest wounds, restoring our healthy union with Christ.
Christ renews our minds to live for His glory forever.
May God give us grace to repent,
Other Scripture Referenced:
1 Corinthians 15:14
1 Corinthians 6:16