- Series: The Message 2019
- Scripture: 1 Corinthians 16:1-4
In today’s short text we find 5 worship practices of the early church:
1. They Took a collection to worship God
2. They Gathered on Sunday not Saturday to worship God
3. They Each Gave Something to worship God
4. They Stored up ﬁnances methodically to worship God
5. They Gave To The Poor to worship God So why would Paul’s logic and train of thought lead him from defending resurrection in chapter 15 to collections in chapter 162 Because the ﬁrst day of the week, Sunday is the day Christ rose from the dead, the day the early church gathered. It was an opportunity to check your heart in this way: Do you worship God or money, Do you store treasure in heaven or on earth.
It's a critical thing to get right in our Christian life. Do lworship God or my money? May God give us the grace to be honest with ourselves.
Other Scripture Referenced:
1 Timothy 6:1-10
1 John 1:7
2 Corinthians 9:7